KiwiSaver First Home Withdrawal
A kiwisaver first home withdrawal is the possibility under certain conditions detailed below to withdraw part or totally of your kiwisaver savings to buy a first home.
Initially KiwiSaver is designed to be accessed at retirement, but there are some exceptions that allow for early withdrawal of your savings. These exceptions include:
- for the purchase of a first home
- if you are in significant financial hardship or have a serious illness
- if you plan to leave New Zealand permanently
- by court order
- when transferring eligible savings from overseas schemes
- in the event of your death.
Each KiwiSaver provider has conditions applicable to early withdrawal of funds so please check with them if you are eligible for an early withdrawal of funds.